You must have a valid Australian visa to travel to and enter Australia.
On this website we have included additional information that may be of interest to citizens of India, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Nepal. Detailed information is available on the Department of Home Affairs website.
This is a list of most common Australian visa options. If you are unsure which visa is right for you, use the Visa Finder.
See: More visa options
How to Apply for an Australian Visa
- Use the Visa Finder to help you find the visa most likely to meet your specific circumstances, if you don’t already know which visa to apply for.
- Your application may require supporting documents. Refer to the visa requirements provided under the respective Visa Options to help you prepare the evidence you need.
- Lodge online using ImmiAccount
- Pay the visa charges online through ImmiAccount. You can refer to Visa fees and charges for the current Visa Pricing Table. You can also use the Visa pricing estimator to estimate the cost of your visa before you submit your application.
IMPORTANT: You should apply for your visa well in advance of your intended travel date. We recommend that you do not finalise your travel arrangements until you have a valid visa to travel to Australia.
Other ways to lodge your application - only for applicants located in Bangladesh, Bhutan and Nepal
The Department of Home Affairs no longer accepts paper FA600 Visitor visa applications. All applications must be lodged online.
VFS offer Online Visa Assist
VFS Global’s Online Visa Assist service provides you expert, personalised assistance with completing, submitting and paying for your online application ONLY at the visa application centres located in Bangladesh, Bhutan and Nepal.
To locate the nearest visa application collection centre, please visit the VFS Global websites:
- For Bangladesh: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/bgd/en/aus
- For Bhutan: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/btn/en/aus
- For Nepal: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/npl/en/aus/