Australia’s High Commissioner to India, Her Excellency Ms Harinder Sidhu, inaugurated a Monash Gallery of Art (MGA) travelling exhibition - John Gollings: the History of the Built World - in Ahmedabad. The History of the Built World is the first major survey exhibition of one of Australia’s most celebrated architectural photographers, John Gollings’ photographic practice spanning over 50 years.
- OpEd - Laying foundation of strong and more resilient Indian Ocean
- Foreign Minister's Key Note Address at the Raisina Dialogue
- Australia invests in South Asian connectivity - Link to the SARIC Release
- Consul-General in Kolkata - Link to the Media Release
- Foreign Minister's Interview with India Today - On the same team: Australian foreign minister Marise Payne
The Indian Ocean: an Ocean that Matters (OpEd by Australia’s Foreign Minister, Senator the Hon Marise Payne)
Australia is pursuing new and innovative minilateral initiatives to build the web of regional cooperation and have been working with India and Indonesia to explore avenues for increased trilateral cooperation in the Indian Ocean, just as we have been doing with India and Japan. We are also working quadrilaterally with India, Japan and the United States, in support of a resilient, peaceful and prosperous Indo-Pacific. Read More..
Two of Australia’s most acclaimed Aboriginal artists - Julie Gough and Brook Andrew—will take part in the fourth edition of the Kochi-Muziris Biennale featuring 95 artists from 36 countries. Renowned contemporary Indian artist Anita Dube has curated this year’s edition around the theme ‘Possibilities for a Non-Alienated Life’. Australia’s participation at the Kochi-Muziris Biennale is supported by the Australian Government through the Australia Council for the Arts. The biennale runs from 12 December 2018 to 29 March 2019.
- Link to Prime Minister Scott Morrison’s address to the Australian Financial Review India Business Summit
- Link to the Australian Government’s response to An India Economic Strategy to 2035
- Link to Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment Simon Birmingham’s address to the Australian Financial Review India Business Summit 2018
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull released Australia’s India Economic Strategy in Brisbane. The strategy, led by former DFAT Secretary Peter Varghese, is an ambitious plan to grow the economic partnership between India and Australia out to 2035.
Capturing India’s economic transformation (video link or watch below)
Latest speeches by the High Commissioner
- High Commissioner's remarks at Ananta Aspen Centre New Delhi on Australia – A Top Tier partner for India in the Indo-Pacific (30/11/18)
- Acting High Commissioner Rod Hilton's remarks at South Asia Power Summit 2018 (16/11/18)
- High Commissioner's remarks at the United Service Institution of India (12/11/18)
Latest Press Coverage
- On the same team: Australian foreign minister Marise Payne - India Today
- Emil and the Detectives: A coming of age story for kids - New Indian Express
- The Kids Are Alright - Indian Express
- Keeping the Faith - India Today
- ‘Perfection is ephemeral’ - Pioneer