The Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade) is the Australian Government’s international trade promotion and investment attraction agency.
We help international buyers source Australian goods and services, and outline what is available for international students who would like to study at our top-ranking educational institutions.
Austrade is also the first national point-of-contact for all investment enquiries. Working in partnership with Australian state and territory governments, Austrade can provide your company with the information and the right industry and government contacts needed to establish or expand a business in Australia.
Austrade also manages the Australia India Business Exchange (AIBX), which is the Australian Government’s flagship program to strengthen Australia-India commercial partnerships. The program aims to build two-way business literacy, support market diversification and increase trade and investment flows between the two countries.
Australian products and expertise are renowned globally for high quality and innovation. The Australian Trade Commission can assist you to reduce the time and cost involved in doing business with Australia by identifying the right suppliers and strategic business partners to meet your needs. Australian expertise is available in a broad range of sectors that includes:
- Education and training – higher education, transnational education, education technology, collaborative research, vocational and executive skills training.
- Transport infrastructure – rail and road safety services and technology.
- Science and innovation – IT and digital economy, advanced manufacturing and future materials.
- Mining and resources – mining equipment technology and services, covering solutions for improving efficacy, quality, safety and environmental impact through consultancy, software, niche equipment and digital transformation
- Premium foods and agricultural technology – premium foods and beverages, grains, horticulture.
- Healthcare – digital health, medical technologies, clinical trials, collaborative research and development.
- Water and environment – industrial and urban water management and environmental remediation
The Australian Trade Commission can assist you in:
- Sourcing Australian products, technology, expertise and services across industry sectors
- Finding Australian suppliers and business partners – identifying and introducing you to appropriate business partners in Australia through our network
- Representing Australian companies as their agent, distributors or importers in India
- Locating Australian partners for joint ventures, collaborations, technology transfer and investments in India
- Securing Australian accreditation and partnership opportunities in education, training, tourism, hospitality and business services
- Growing your international business through investing in Australia via greenfield/brownfield ventures.
To speak with our officers about doing business with Australia please visit Austrade's website.