Simon Taufel’s ‘Finding the Gaps’ Book Contest
Answer two simple questions and you can win a signed copy of Australian umpire and coach Simon Taufel’s latest book ‘Finding the Gaps’
We will be selecting five lucky winners. The contest will close at 11:59 pm tonight. To enter the competition, please answer our quiz question by commenting on the Australian High Commission’s official Facebook page post (please click here). Entrants must be Indian residents and 18 years or older.
Terms and Conditions of Entry
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING THE COMPETITION.
1. This Facebook Contest (the Competition) is a competition run by the Commonwealth of Australia through the Australian High Commission in Delhi (the High Commission).
2. The Competition will run from 11 am India Time, to 11:59pm India Time (Closing Time) on Friday 29 November 2019.
Eligibility to enter
3. Entry into the Competition is free and open to Indian residents who are 18 years or older.
4. Employees of the High Commission or its attached agencies, its contractors and/or their immediate family members are ineligible to enter the Competition. Immediate family member means a spouse, defacto partner, child, grandchild, parent, grandparent and/or sibling (and their spouses).
5. The High Commission reserves the right to verify the eligibility of each Entrant and to exclude and/or disqualify any Entrant who does not meet the eligibility requirements. By entering the Competition, the Entrant warrants that he or she meets the eligibility requirements.
How to Enter
6. To enter the Competition each Entrant must, during the Competition Period, answer the Competition Questions in English by commenting on the AustralianinIndia Facebook page.
7. Each Entrant is only permitted to submit one answer via Facebook. Entries which are found to involve fraudulent practices, such as false email addresses or fake Facebook accounts, or any other illegitimate behaviour to gain advantage over other entrants, will be disqualified from the Competition.
8. Answers will be deemed to be accepted once published on the High Commission’s Facebook page. The High Commission will not be responsible for any post which is lost, late, incomplete or otherwise not received by the High Commission for any reason, including telephone connection failures, internet failures and disruptions, and ISP problems. Any costs associated with entry into the Competition will be borne by the Entrant.
9. Five signed books by Simon Taufel are available to be won in the Competition.
10. The Prizes are given "as is" without any warranty, and are not transferable or exchangeable for cash. The High Commission reserves the right to substitute the Prizes with other prizes in the event that the original prizes are not available.
11. Unless otherwise specified in these terms and conditions, the High Commission will not be responsible for any costs associated with the award, acceptance, receipt or use of the Prizes, including the cost of making necessary travel arrangements to redeem the Prizes.
Selection of the winners
12. Winners will be selected randomly.
Announcement of the winners
13. The High Commission will announce the winners of the Competition by tagging them on a post on the High Commission’s Facebook page after the Competition Period.
14. At this time, the High Commission will seek the winners’ details (name and age) (“Personal Details”) and address details (in India only), to organise collection of the Prizes. The winners must provide the Personal Details and address details within seven days of the request by the High Commission.
Shipping of Prizes
15. The Prizes will be shipped to each winner using the address details provided by the winner. The Prizes will be shipped within a week of receiving the details required in Clause 14.
16. If a winner fails to provide the High Commission with their Personal Details and address details within the required timeframe, or provides incorrect address details, the winner will forfeit the Prize and the High Commission reserves the right to select another winner, in accordance with these terms and conditions.
17. The Entrant warrants that their entry or any picture posted in connection with the Competition have not been copied, recreated, reproduced or derived from any other work and that they do not infringe on any other legal, intellectual property or privacy rights of any third party. The Entrant indemnifies and holds harmless the High Commission from any and all claims by any third party arising out of the use of the Entrant’s entry or posted picture, including but not limited to claims of infringement or violation of the intellectual property or privacy rights of the third party.
18. The Entrant grants the Commonwealth a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, revocable, non-transferable, perpetual licence to use, modify, copy, delete from, add to, publicly display and/or reproduce, the Entrant’s entry, in whole or in part, in any medium, now or at any time in the future for any related purpose of the Commonwealth.
19. The Entrant grants the High Commission the right to use their Personal details, likeness, comments and/or entry for promotional purposes without payment of additional consideration, except where prohibited by law. This includes but is not limited to announcing the result of the Competition or publishing the name of the Prize winner on the High Commission’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
21. The Entrant acknowledges that while the High Commission will disclose this information to Facebook for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in connection with the Competition, the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter.
22. The Entrant agrees to indemnify, release and hold harmless the High Commission, Facebook from any liability, damages, losses or injury resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the Entrant’s participation in the Competition and the acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize that may be won.
23. The High Commission is not responsible for content that third parties publish, post, upload, distribute, disseminate or otherwise transmit via social media services. The High Commission accepts no liability whatsoever arising from or connected to the currency, accuracy or completeness of any material posted on social media sites or elsewhere on the internet and disclaims all responsibility for any loss or damage which may arise from the use of information provided via this vehicle.
Amendments and cancellation
24. The High Commission reserves the right to, at its absolute discretion and without prior notice, vary, amend, delete or supplement any of these terms and conditions and the Entrant’s continued participation in the Competition amounts to acceptance of any revised terms and conditions. The Entrant should check the High Commission’s website on a regular basis for any changes to these terms and condition. If an Entrant does not agree to a change, they may withdraw from the Competition by emailing [email@example.com].
25. The High Commission reserves the right to, for any reason and without any obligation to state a particular reason, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition. In the event of such cancellation, termination or modification, the High Commission may at its absolute discretion elect not to award any Prize in respect of the Competition. The decision of the High Commission to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition will not be subject to any liability nor compensation of any nature.
26. The High Commission’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Competition is final and binding on every Entrant. No correspondence will be entered into.
27. The Competition is governed by the laws of India.