Fresh from a successful showcase in Ahmedabad, Monash Gallery of Art (MGA) travelling exhibition The History of the Built World is the first major survey exhibition of one of Australia’s most celebrated architectural photographers, John Gollings’ photographic practice spanning over 50 years.Various Indian architectural marvels - the Hawa Mahal in Jaipur, Hanuman Temple in Hampi, The Taj Mahal in Agra, Vittala Temple in Hampi and others – also feature in the exhibition alongside many of John’s photographs from world over.
Presented in partnership with the Monash Gallery of Art, the exhibition will be open for public viewing at the India Habitat Centre as part of Habitat Photosphere from 19 February to 18 March 2019.
- Link to Prime Minister Scott Morrison’s address to the Australian Financial Review India Business Summit
- Link to the Australian Government’s response to An India Economic Strategy to 2035
- Link to Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment Simon Birmingham’s address to the Australian Financial Review India Business Summit 2018
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull released Australia’s India Economic Strategy in Brisbane. The strategy, led by former DFAT Secretary Peter Varghese, is an ambitious plan to grow the economic partnership between India and Australia out to 2035.
Capturing India’s economic transformation (video link or watch below)
Latest speeches by the High Commissioner
- Deputy High Commissioner Rod Hilton's Address to the India Distributed Energy Forum and Expo (31/01/19)
- High Commissioner's Address to the International Solar Alliance Pavilion and Forum (19/01/19)
- High Commissioner's remarks at Ananta Aspen Centre New Delhi on Australia – A Top Tier partner for India in the Indo-Pacific (30/11/18)
Latest Press Coverage
- Breaking Old Moulds - Sunday Standard
- Diplomacy Show: Australia India Relationship - WION
- India is very important to us, says Harinder Sidhu - DNA