Condolence book for the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II passed away on 8 September 2022.
The Queen reigned as Australia’s Head of State for 70 years.
Australian nationals in India may sign a virtual condolence book on the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises
The Australian Government encourages Australian enterprises operating overseas and multinational enterprises operating in Australia to observe the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises. The Guidelines provide voluntary principles and standards for responsible business conduct in a variety of areas, including:
- human rights;
- employment and industrial relations;
- combating bribery, bribe solicitation and extortion;
- consumer interests;
- science and technology;
- competition; and
The Australian National Contact Point (AusNCP) promotes the use of the OECD Guidelines and contributes to the resolution of issues relating to their implementation, including facilitating access to conciliation services.
- Australia is now fully open! From 6 July, you no longer need to
- fill out a Digital Passenger Declaration or Maritime Travel Declaration when entering Australia
- declare or prove your vaccination status
- seek exemptions to enter Australia.
- Owing to high demand in India since Australian borders reopened, processing times have been affected & processing times increased. More info ➡️ https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/global-visa-processing-times
- Passport fees increased on 1 January 2022.
- a 10-year passport for people 16 and over cost $308
- a 5-year passport for people under 16 or 75 and over cost $155
- emergency and replacement passports cost $193
- the priority processing fee is $225
- the overseas surcharge for adult and senior applicants is $138
- the overseas surcharge for child applicants is $67.
(Note: the overseas surcharge is not charged for emergency or replacement passports.) Click here, for full list of travel documents and relevant fees applicable.
The Australian High Commission, New Delhi is now accepting passport and notarial services by appointment only
The Australian High Commission, New Delhi is now accepting passport and notarial services by appointment only. To make an appointment, please email [email protected]
Australia’s Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Defence Richard Marles visits India
Australia’s Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Defence, the Hon Richard Marles MP, concluded his three-day visit to India on 23 June. The visit marked the first high-level visit from Australia from the new government after the recent elections. Defence is an important pillar of the Australia-India Comprehensive Strategic Partnership. In his bilateral meeting with Indian Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, both Ministers reviewed the existing defence cooperation activities and discussed ways to enhance further Australia-India defence cooperation. The Deputy PM also had a productive discussion with Indian External Affairs Minister Dr Jaishankar across the gamut of our Comprehensive Strategic Partnership.
In New Delhi, Deputy PM Marles laid a wreath at the National Warm Memorial to pay his respects to those who lost their lives in the service of their nation and delivered an address to the National Defence College where he said, "One of the priorities of the new Australian government is India."
In Goa, Deputy PM Marles visited the Indian Naval Station Hansa, did an early morning yoga session to mark International Yoga Day and had an incredible experience flying with the Indian Navy onboard a P-8 from Goa to New Delhi.
- Pre-departure Media Release - https://www.minister.defence.gov.au/minister/rmarles/media-releases/deputy-prime-minister-visit-india
- Joint Press Statement - https://www.pib.gov.in/PressReleasePage.aspx?PRID=1836176
- Opinion piece by Minister Marles published in Indian Express https://indianexpress.com/article/opinion/columns/richard-marles-writes-our-entwined-values-interests-australia-india-japan-indo-pacific-region-7983013/
- National Defence College speech: https://www.minister.defence.gov.au/minister/rmarles/speeches/speech-national-defence-college-new-delhi-india
- Minister Marles interview with India Today https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngsRAopLRJk
Australia’s Minister for Defence, the Hon Richard Marles MP with Indian Defence Minister Rajnath Singh
News and Media
Latest Press Coverage
- “India natural leader of the Indo-Pacific region, Australia excited by defence industries here," says Australian Envoy (Interview) - StratNewsGlobal
- India and Australia: Partners with shared interests and entwined destinies (OpEd by Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Richard Marles) - Indian Express
Latest Speeches by the High Commissioner
- Deputy High Commissioner's remarks at FICCI Seminar on “Preventing marine litter and plastic pollution” (27/05/2022)
- High Commissioner Barry O' Farrell's keynote address at the IES Update Launch (07/04/2022)