Lodge your Australian visa application online and early for your Christmas and New Year’s holidays in Australia
This year, we’re investing extra staff and support to process visas to help get you down-under in time for your Australian Christmas and New Year’s celebrations. If you are wishing to visit Australia for these holidays it is important that you lodge a complete application online and early. If you are seeking to travel on or around the 20th of December be sure to lodge your application online before the 1st of December.
Australian Education Minister The Hon Dan Tehan MP was on a three-day visit to India from 19 to 21 November to tap new business opportunities in the country's education sector and showcase Australia's education and research sector. During his visit, Minister Tehan met with the Indian Minister for Human Resource Development Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, engaged Indian education and research stakeholders, and attended local events in support of the Australian education and research sector.
High Commissioner Harinder Sidhu launched the Global Talent program in New Delhi as part of Australia’s Skilled Migration Program. This program provides opportunities for Australia and India to work together to facilitate business, transfer skills, promote innovation, and create job opportunities.
- Link to Prime Minister Scott Morrison’s address to the Australian Financial Review India Business Summit
- Link to the Australian Government’s response to An India Economic Strategy to 2035
- Link to Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment Simon Birmingham’s address to the Australian Financial Review India Business Summit 2018
Capturing India’s economic transformation (video link or watch below)
Latest speeches by the High Commissioner
- Deputy High Commissioner Rod Hilton's Speech at the Chanakya Chakra forum on Foreign and security policies (04/02/2019)
- High Commissioner's remarks at the Bengaluru Tech Summit (18/11/2019)
- High Commissioner's remarks at Institute of South Asian Studies, Singapore (14/10/19)
Latest Press Coverage
- Vital that nations like India, Vietnam, Indonesia have greater stake in Indo-Pacific: Aus Deputy HC - Business Standard
- Australia keen to strengthen ties with India in hi-tech area - Outlook
- Australia & India: Partners in a future with innovation (OpEd by Australia's Chief Innovation Officer Sarah Pearson) - Deccan Chronicle