High Commissioner Harinder Sidhu, today unveiled the program of Australia Fest – a festival that will bring the best of Australian culture and creativity to India. To be staged across 20 Indian cities, #AustraliaFest will feature music, art, food, film, literature, dance, theatre, sport and much more.
To mark the inaugural Disability Awareness Week observed by Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, High Commissioner Harinder Sidhu released a #Development4All report. Jointly prepared with Samarthanam Trust, the report summarises key initiatives taken as part of our Direct Aid Program to address disability rights and empowerment.
High Commissioner Harinder Sidhu marks the release of ‘An India Economic Strategy to 2035: Navigating from Potential to Delivery’
“The strategy charts a course to bringing India into the top tier of Australia’s economic partners,” said High Commissioner Harinder Sidhu in her remarks at an event to mark the release of Australia’s India Economic Strategy in New Delhi. The report, prepared by Peter Varghese AO - former Secretary of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and former High Commissioner to India - was commissioned by Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull on his visit to India last year. The event was organised in collaboration with ICRIER.
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull released Australia’s India Economic Strategy in Brisbane. The strategy, led by former DFAT Secretary Peter Varghese, is an ambitious plan to grow the economic partnership between India and Australia out to 2035.
Capturing India’s economic transformation (video link or watch below)
Latest speeches by the High Commissioner
- High Commissioner's remarks on the 'Future of the Australia-India Economic Relationship'(08/08/18)
- High Commissioner's Remarks at the launch of the Youth Waging Peace guide (25/05/18)
- High Commissioner’s Address to the National Defence College on Australia and India in the Indo-Pacific (03/05/18)
- High Commissioner's remarks at the Deakin University & Rajasthan Royals Panel Discussion on the Future of Business of Sport (01/05/18)
- High Commissioner’s Address to Convocation Ceremony to Takshashila Institution, Bangalore (22/04/18)
Latest Press Coverage
- Up’n’about with down under (OpEd by Mr. Peter Varghese AO) - Economic Times
- How India Economic Strategy 2035 seeks to bring India, Australia closer - India Today
- Australia keen to see India in top three export markets by 2035 - Times of India
- Australia’s India strategy aims at trebling exports around USD 45 billion - New Indian Express