Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull released Australia’s India Economic Strategy in Brisbane. The strategy, led by former DFAT Secretary Peter Varghese, is an ambitious plan to grow the economic partnership between India and Australia out to 2035.
Capturing India’s economic transformation (video link or watch below)
High Commissioner Harinder Sidhu, Secretary, Ministry of Culture, Government of India, Shri Raghvendra Singh, Director General National Gallery of Modern Art, Adwaita Garanayak, and Deputy Director, National Gallery of Australia, Kirsten Paisley, jointly inaugurated ‘Indigenous Australia: Masterworks from the National Gallery of Australia’ exhibition. The exhibition presents significant works produced by Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists from the late 1800s through to today. Its on view till 26 August at NGMA, Delhi.
Indigenous Australia: Masterworks from the National Gallery of Australia, an exhibition showcasing the most significant works produced by the Indigenous artists in Australia, features 102 artworks from the late 1800s through to today. Here’s a sneak peek into how we set it up and a video message from High Commissioner Harinder Sidhu listing out reasons on why you should visit this exhibition. The exhibition is open till 26 August.
Minister for Human Resource Development Prakash Javadekar visit to Australia
India’s minister for Human Resource Development, Mr Prakash Javadekar, was recently in Australia for the fourth meeting of Australia-India Education Council. Minister Javadekar met his counterpart Minister Simon Birmingham and also visited leading Australian universities to further strengthen the education collaboration between both the countries.
High Commissioner Harinder Sidhu was in Bhutan recently where she invested Princess Ashi Tashi Chodzom Dorji, as an Honorary Officer of the Order of Australia (OA) in the General Division. Ashi Tashi was instrumental in strengthening the relations between Australia and Bhutan. She also met with his Majesty the King of Bhutan and Prime Minister Tshering Tobgay to continue progress on Australia Bhutan relations.
Latest speeches by the High Commissioner
- High Commissioner's Remarks at the launch of the Youth Waging Peace guide (25/05/18)
- High Commissioner’s Address to the National Defence College on Australia and India in the Indo-Pacific (03/05/18)
- High Commissioner's remarks at the Deakin University & Rajasthan Royals Panel Discussion on the Future of Business of Sport (01/05/18)
- High Commissioner’s Address to Convocation Ceremony to Takshashila Institution, Bangalore (22/04/18)
Latest Press Coverage
- Drawing from the dreams - The Hindu
- Exhibition: The ancient art and agony of Australia's indigenous community - Business Standard
- A narrative of the colonised; an ongoing exhibition establishes powerful narrative of the Aboriginals of Australia - Financial Express
- Aussie artwork on maiden trip to India - Times of India