High Commissioner Harinder Sidhu will be on her third official visit to Punjab to advance cooperation in the agriculture sector. “Australia and India’s northern region enjoy close ties particularly in education, agriculture and sport sectors. A large proportion of Australia’s Indian community comes from the region, and Punjabi is now one of the top 10 languages spoken at home in Australia,” she said ahead of her visit.
Indian Bollywood actor and ‘Friend of Australia’ Parineeti Chopra Official shares her favourite experiences Down Under in this video.
A by-election for the federal electoral Division of Batman in Victoria will be held on Saturday 17 March 2018. You can check if you are enrolled in the Division of Batman, enrol or update your enrolment details at www.aec.gov.au/enrol. In-person voting will not be available outside of Australia for this by-election. If you will be overseas on by-election day, you can apply for a postal vote or you can vote in person in Australia before you go. You can apply for a postal vote by completing a ‘Postal Vote Application’ on the AEC website. You should ensure that you apply for a postal vote as soon as possible to allow enough time for the ballot papers to reach you overseas before by-election day. For more information, visit the AEC website at www.aec.gov.au/Batman or contact the AEC via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone +61 2 6113 4777 or +61 2 6160 2600.
The Prime Minister of Australia launched the Australian Government’s 2017 Foreign Policy White Paper. It is the first comprehensive review of Australia’s international engagement in over 14yrs. At a time of uncertainty and change around the world, the Foreign Policy White Paper is Australia's plan to seize opportunity, enhance security and build strength.
- Opportunity, Security, Strength: The 2017 Foreign Policy White Paper
- Transcript of the PM’s address at the launch
- Foreign Minister Julie Bishop’s op-ed in The Australian
Latest speeches by the High Commissioner
- High Commissioner's remarks at the South Asia Power Summit (14/12/17)
- High Commissioner's remarks at IFC Climate Business Forum (30/11/17)
- High Commissioner's Keynote Address on the Australia-Bhutan Education Partnership (21/11/17)
Latest Press Coverage
- An investment in the future - High Commissioner Harinder Sidhu's Op-Ed in The Indian Express
- India and Australia have a lot to offer each other - High Commissioner Harinder Sidhu's interview in the Week
- Indo-Pacific is where future lies- High Commissioner Harinder Sidhu's interview in the Tribune