Vacancy: Executive Assistant, Protocol and Administrative Officer
The Australian Consulate-General, Mumbai, is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Executive Assistant, Protocol and Administrative Officer at the Australian Consulate-General, Mumbai.
Applicants are advised to read the Position Description prior to addressing the selection criteria. Applicants must address each of the selection criteria. Applications that do not specifically address the selection criteria may not be considered. A competent level of English and Hindi is mandatory and an ability to speak Marathi, Konkani and/or Gujarati would be desirable. Further information on selection criteria is available on our website http://www.india.highcommission.gov.au.
Subject to the successful completion of six months probationary period, satisfactory medical check and background verification, the successful applicant will be offered a two-year contract of employment, inclusive of the probation period. The contract may be extended subject to agreement between the employer and employee.
The commencing salary will be determined based on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate. The package will include annual leave, limited medical reimbursements, Diwali bonus, provident fund provisions and gratuity provisions when service length is sufficient. The salary offered will be in the range from INR 52, 756 to 72, 718 per month.
The Australian Consulate-General is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity. This is a core element of the Consulate-General’s (ACG) personnel policies and programs. Clear objectives, mutual respect, good communication and team work are the characteristics of workplace diversity in action.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must submit to the HR Manager by Wednesday, 24 May 2017 the following documents in Microsoft Word format with subject header ‘Executive Assistant, Protocol and Administrative Officer’ to AHCJOBS.NDLI@dfat.gov.au
- A font size 12 typed statement addressing each of the selection criteria (no longer than 3 pages).
- A curriculum vitae detailing your contact details, work experience, academic qualifications and the names and contact details of two professional referees.
Applications not meeting these criteria will not be considered. No late applications will be accepted and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Executive Assistant, Protocol and Administrative Officer
Consular Admin Section
Reports to (title)
About the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
The role of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is to advance the interests of Australia and Australians internationally. This involves strengthening Australia’s security, enhancing Australia’s prosperity, delivering an effective and high quality overseas aid program and helping Australian travellers and Australians overseas.
The department provides foreign, trade and development policy advice to the Australian Government. DFAT also works with other Australian government agencies to drive coordination of Australia’s pursuit of global, regional and bilateral interests.
About the position
Provide direct administrative and secretarial support to the Consul General in pursuit of the objectives of the Australian Consulate-General in Mumbai. Assist with the preparation and handling of visit programs, provide efficient and effective administrative and logistical support and manage all protocol related matters pertaining to the presence of the Consulate in Mumbai and in support of Australian-based staff deployed in Mumbai.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining the daily appointments schedule and forward planning program for the Consul General (Head of Post).
- Facilitating meetings at the highest levels with officials, Ministers and senior officials from the Central and State Governments and other senior business and influential persons.
- Maintaining an up-to-date database of guest lists and contacts for HOP and the Consulate-General.
- Maintaining records on HOP’s representational activities and events, correspondence with the Maharashtra government and other miscellaneous correspondence relating to HOP.
- Providing protocol and other administrative support.
- Assisting with all aspects of official visit programs to and from India through efficient and effective administrative and logistical support in consultation with internal and external stakeholders including:
- Coordination of appointments and accommodation
- Facilitation through the Ministry of External Affairs as needed
- Organising transport
- Arranging visit-related functions including invitations and RSVPs
- Preparing, dispatching and receiving facsimiles, electronic mail, letters, Diplomatic Notes
- Act as a resource for all Consulate-General staff to ensure the entire team is kept informed of current and upcoming activities, and that productivity is not disrupted by absences.
- Manage all protocol and related arrangements for official visits.
- Liaise with relevant Protocol Sections of the state governments, the Australian High Commission and other relevant authorities on protocol matters related to all official activities of the Consulate-General.
- Assist with public diplomacy and representation responsibilities and other administrative duties, as required.
- Relevant tertiary studies and/or relevant experience highly desirable.
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team with limited supervision and flexibility in accepting and/or sharing tasks.
- Foresight, judgment, problem solving and skills in prioritising work including the ability to work in a small multi-disciplined office.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to interact with senior government officials, industry representatives, academic and civil society representatives
- Sound administrative and organizational skills, including demonstrated ability in managing events, programs and/or visiting delegations.
- Effective written communication skills. An excellent command of English is required. Command of Marathi, Hindi or Gujarati is useful.
- Well versed with the Microsoft suite of products, particularly Excel and data management skills.
Occupants of this position may be required to work out-of-hours, including on weekends or public holidays, with little or no notice. Travel outside of Mumbai may be required.
- Experience as Executive/Personal Assistant to a senior manager or similar employment experience.
- Superior office management and organisational skills, including hospitality supervision and support skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, highly developed liaison and interpersonal skills.
- Competent IT skills: good working knowledge of applicable software applications such as Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel; and
- A working style that is team oriented and flexible and the ability to handle pressure.